03 April 2008

Skateboard Clutch

Sometimes I think the biggest lure of green is seeing the brilliantly creative ways that people find to repurpose things that would have otherwise ended up in a landfill. Though I'll admit to sometimes being a little irked at the prices they charge for the resulting objets de consumer art, especially when the main materials were free/or really discounted. I'll cop to it, I'm usually irked because I didn't have the same hook up they did to get those materials, and I'd like to make my own rather than paying someone else. So it's not really because I think it's unreasonable to charge the money. Anyway, these adorable clutches are made from recycled skateboard decks. For just $105, you too can have a one of a kind statement handbag, feel good about one less item being in a landfill, and know that a small donation will also be made to help upkeep and support for a skatepark so kids don't have to run you over in the nearest city square. At Reform School.

No comments: